The Fox Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Fox Den

The Fox Den is for all animal lovers to come and discuss whatever type of animal they have, exotic or domestic.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

unusual breeding project

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vulpesvulpes
Admin
Vulpesvulpes

unusual breeding project Empty
PostSubject: unusual breeding project   unusual breeding project EmptyThu May 14, 2009 7:14 am

Ok I wanted to breed and work with a species that nobody else has. I wanted something easy to care for, readily available, handleable, easy to breed and is inexpensive to house, feed, care for and to get. I also wanted something that was a plentiful breeder so that it would be easier to pick out colored specimens that stood out from the rest of the offspring. I thought about it for a while but couldn't come up with anything that fit into my category or that I wanted to work with. I went for a walk outside (it had just rained) to see what I could find and to clear my head. I found a pretty little woodland frog, but I didn't really want to work with them. And then I found the very first addition to my breeding project, a common toad. Lol yup a common toad. Easy to get, easy to care for and feed, plentiful breeders and nobody else works with them. I know it may sound odd but I am pretty excited to see what may come from this. They already come in a few colors: black, brown, caramel and green so if I isolate these colors I think I may be able to come up with something interesting. At this point I am looking into the legalities of this and wether or not I need a permit to take quantities of them from the wild. I was thinking of what I would do with the extra babies and I will either release them (also looking into the legalities of this) or sell them to people who own hognose snakes. I named my toad Jelly. Don't know why but that is the first thing I thought of when I picked him/her up. Lol maybe I was hungry Wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
https://thefoxden.forumotion.net

unusual breeding project
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Fox Den :: Other Critters :: Amphibians-
Jump to: